Two day course: Sat 29 and Sun 30 June 2019
Margaret Webb, PTSTA
Who is it aimed at?
Counsellors, psychotherapists and anyone who wants to know how to handle narcissists.
- What is narcissism?
- What is the difference between healthy and unhealthy narcissism and how can you tell the difference?
- Recognizing when someone is narcissistic
- Coping with narcissistic family members and friends
- Coping with narcissistic colleagues and managers in the workplace
To gain an understanding of the personality structure of someone who is narcissistic or has narcissistic traits. To use this understanding to develop ways of coping with the difficult behaviours narcissists can display.
- Gain an understanding of how a narcissistic personality develops
- Gain an understanding of the difference between health and unhealthy narcissism
- Use the above to recognize narcissistic behavior in others
- Learn some ways of coping when others behave in narcissistic ways
Teaching, discussion and experiential
Margaret is a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst. Prior to training as a therapist Margaret was a secondary school teacher in mainstream and in special educational needs. On leaving teaching she worked as a counsellor in a Primary Care Mental Health Team in the NHS where she used TA in developing and delivering Group interventions for patients suffering from anxiety /depression and in one to one therapy for mild to moderate mental health difficulties. She currently has a private practice in Glasgow offering counselling, psychotherapy, supervision and training.