Maintaining focus and motivation in the exam prep period can often prove challenging for students when they have completed their formal TA training. Exam Preparation Groups provide ongoing stimulus, motivation, support and encouragement for those who are en route to their Diploma or CTA exam.
Learning is through active participation in the group, and includes advanced theory discussion, supervision of client work, managing the practicalities of the exam process itself, written exam support and mock oral exams. The groups aim to develop skills, competencies and perspectives that are part of becoming a fully fledged TA counsellor and/or psychotherapist, as well as providing peer support, and opportunity for celebration too!
Physis Scotland will be offering an ongoing Exam Preparation Group (6 days over 9 months) starting in October 2019 to support students who are preparing for their Diploma, accreditation or CTA exam. The group will be facilitated by Ronen Stilman, PTSTA. Should there be sufficient interest, Physis Scotland will offer a second Exam Preparation Group commencing in early 2020.
The group will be open to students who have completed Foundation Year and Years 1 and 2 of Advanced TA training. It will be a closed group and have a maximum of 6 members.
All members of the groups will be in regular clinical supervision and will be engaged in preparation for their Diploma, accreditation or CTA exam.
Joining an Exam Preparation will enable you to:
- Do transactional analysis through presentation and analysis of tapes;
- Develop your identity as a practitioner through presentations of theory of your own choice/interest;
- Extend your knowledge of TA and the psychotherapeutic process through planned teaching by your trainer;
- Feel stimulated, stretched, focussed and motivated as you work towards achieving your goal;
- Supervise each other’s practice – a fantastic way to develop a meta-view of psychotherapeutic work;
- Familiarise yourself with the Diploma and CTA oral exam processes;
- Receive group support and discussion about the CTA Written Exam preparation;
- Participate in a mock exam – either candidate or examiner;
- Learn tools and techniques to help you manage any anxiety around being observed and assessed;
- Discuss ethical dilemmas;
- Consider practical issues such as which recording equipment to use;
- Familiarise yourself with the marking criteria;
- Receive supervision on the exam process.
The content of the days will be contracted for at the beginning of each day, depending on the needs and wants of the group members.
Dates for TA Exam Preparation Group
The fee for the group will be £480 (equivalent to £80 per full day group). This may be paid in one instalment due by 30th September 2019 or by 3 instalments.
If you are interested in joining an Exam Prep Group for 2019-20, please contact Fiona Cook or Fiona Firman directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07927 557217. Registration closes on the 30th September 2019.