Advanced Year 3
This year is intended for students who want to progress to the CTA (Certified Transactional Analyst) qualification and membership of the UK Council for Psychotherapy.
There are 20 days of training comprising:
- 9 weekends of training
- 1 day at a regional conference
- Physis: Get Together Day
The Saturdays of each weekend will focus on developing theoretical understanding through a variety of methods including taught elements, experiential exercises, working in pairs and small groups, group discussion and group process. The learning contract on Sunday is developed by the trainees and can include developing clinical skills, client presentation, supervision, exam preparation, mock exams and revisiting theory.
- The Therapeutic Relationship – The Real Tool For Change
- The Unconscious Process and How to Understand It
- Transference and Countertransference
- Group Dynamics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Finding Your Way With Personality Disorders
- Understanding the Schizoid Process and Trauma
- Understanding the Narcissistic Structure and Process
- Understanding the Borderline Personality Structure and Process
- Endings in Therapy, Transcripts, Self and Peer Assessment
- One 3000 word essay
- One 4000 word case study
- Two pieces of transcript analysis (maximum 500 words each)
- Supervisor’s Report
- Reflective learning journal
- Ongoing participation in group discussion and process
A minimum of 40 hours of personal therapy per year is a requirement for Advanced clinical training.
On successful completion of Advanced Year 3 participants will be awarded a Physis Scotland Completion Certificate and will be eligible to progress into an Exam Preparation Group.