One day course: Sat 24 August 2019
Sheila Beare CTA(P), PTSTA
Who is it aimed at?
Counsellors and psychotherapists. Also suitable for trainee therapists either practicing or about to start practice. Some level of TA knowledge would be helpful but not vital.
As talk therapists it is easy to become embroiled in a predominantly cognitive relationship with our clients, however, so many young hurts, wounds, decisions and beliefs are experienced or formed at a pre-verbal stage in our lives. To access and help heal these aspects of our clients we often need to go beyond thinking.
To help you as a practitioner become more confident safely working creatively with your clients.
- Learn about considerations and contracting in safely working creatively
- Help access your creative and spontaneous self
- Experience responses to creative ways of working
- Practice and become more confident working with different creative tools
- Learn different ways to access emotions and our felt experience
- Relate what you might do to different theoretical concepts in particular Deconfusion and Impasse theories
- The course will involve experiencing and practicing creative ways of working which will involve moving around
- Discussion throughout
- Pairs and small group work
- Teaching and relating to theoretical concepts, predominantly TA
Sheila Beare CTA(P), PTSTA has a thriving private practice in Markinch in Fife which she has developed over the last 15 years. She provides workplace and clinical supervision as well as psychotherapy. Sheila has many years’ training experience and enjoys bringing what we read on the page to life.