ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A WAY TO STAY FOCUSED, MOTIVATED AND CONTINUE YOUR JOURNEY TO DIPLOMA OR CTA AT YOUR OWN PACE?
JOIN A PHYSIS SCOTLAND EXAM PREPARATION/CPD GROUP
Maintaining focus and motivation in the exam prep period can often prove challenging for students when they have completed their formal TA training. To this end, Physis Scotland is delighted to announce we will be offering an ongoing Exam Preparation Group (6 days over 9 months) starting in October 2019 to support students who are preparing for their Diploma, accreditation or CTA exam. The group will be facilitated by Ronen Stilman, PTSTA.
Should there be sufficient interest, Physis Scotland will offer a second Exam Preparation Group commencing in early 2020.
The group will be open to students who have completed Foundation Year and Years 1 and 2 of Advanced TA training. It will be a closed group and have a maximum of 6 members.
All members of the group will be in regular clinical supervision and will be engaged in preparation for their Diploma, accreditation or CTA exam.
The format is structured to focus on the skills and tasks of the Diploma and CTA exam processes, whilst enable you to feel confident in demonstrating your work as a counsellor and/or psychotherapist.
- Do transactional analysis through presentation and analysis of tapes;
- Develop your identity as a practitioner through presentations of theory of your own choice/interest;
- Extend your knowledge of TA and the psychotherapeutic process through planned teaching by your trainer;
- Feel stimulated, stretched, focussed and motivated as you work towards achieving your goal;
- Supervise each other’s practice – a fantastic way to develop a meta-view of psychotherapeutic work;
- Familiarise yourself with the Diploma and CTA oral exam processes;
- Receive group support and discussion about the CTA Written Exam preparation;
- Participate in a mock exam – either candidate or examiner;
- Learn tools and techniques to help you manage any anxiety around being observed and assessed;
- Discuss ethical dilemmas;
- Consider practical issues such as which recording equipment to use;
- Familiarise yourself with the marking criteria;
- Receive supervision on the exam process.
The content of the days will be contracted for at the beginning of each day, depending on the needs and wants of the group members.
Dates for Exam Prep Group 2019/20
The fee for the group will be £480 (equivalent to £80 per full day group). This may be paid in one instalment due by 30th September 2019 or by 3 instalments.
A CPD certificate from Physis Scotland will be awarded at the end of the year.
Ronen Stilman MSc (TA Psychotherapy), CTA(P), COSCA and UKCP Reg. Psychotherapist and Supervisor, PTSTA(P)
Ronen is an experienced and qualified UKCP registered psychotherapist, supervisor and trainer, and has a private practice based in Edinburgh city centre.
He has previously taught in a variety of continuous professional development courses such as Working with Couples, Narrative Change Identity Structure and Post Natal Depression.
To secure your place in the exam prep group, please email email@example.com or phone 07927 557217. Registration closes on the 30th September 2019.