Are you an experienced counsellor looking for “another string to your bow”?
Or are you already a supervisor but feel uncertain about the theory that underpins your work?
Or are you a psychotherapist interested in developing a supervision practice?
This course could be just what you’re looking for!
The Physis Certificate in Supervision course will be delivered over 6 days of highly interactive and experiential training. Completion of a further 3 day theoretical module plus evidence of specific supervised practice can lead to the award of the Physis Diploma in Supervision.
This dynamic training will enable you to:
- Develop an in depth knowledge of several models of supervision, both developmental and task focussed
- Establish a clear ethical framework for your work as a supervisor, and enable your supervisees to develop their own ethical thinking and practice
- Understand the differences between therapeutic work and supervision, and be able to work at the boundary of these aspects whilst maintaining the role of supervisor
- Learn supervision skills for working with both novice and experienced counsellors, and apply appropriate interventions to working with both groups
- Understand and critique applications of supervision for both individual and group supervision
- Develop your identity as a supervisor based on your own philosophy of supervision.
Applicants must have a COSCA Diploma in Counselling or equivalent minimum level of counselling/psychotherapy training, have completed at least 450 hours of practice as a counsellor or psychotherapist, and be in ongoing supervision for their clinical practice. A basic knowledge of Transactional Analysis would be an advantage, for example attendance at a TA101 or similar.
In addition, applicants will be supported in identifying the placement setting where they will acquire the 18 hours of supervised supervision required for the Certificate award (24 in total for the Diploma), and will have a “supervision of supervision” contract in place with a Physis approved supervisor, before commencing the training.
Diploma fee: £1200 (3 taught modules). £300 deposit plus 3 x £300
Certificate fee: £800 (2 taught modules). £200 deposit plus 3 x £200
For further details and an application form please contact Barbara Clarkson firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07789 556 256