We are currently accepting applications for our Foundation Year programme 2020/2021.
Places are limited and from our experience of the intake year 2019/2020, we recommend applying as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For all enquiries relating to Foundation Year 2020/2021, please contact email@example.com or telephone Fiona Firman or Fiona Cook, Directors of Training, on 07927 557 217.
- Are you interested in taking Transactional Analysis to the next level after the TA101?
- Are you a counsellor interested in adding to your knowledge and skills?
- Do you have a professional role that involves personal interaction and want to develop your communication skills further?
- Are you simply interested in investing in learning more about yourself and your interactions with others – at home, in your personal life and in your work life?
The Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
At Physis Scotland, we offer an introductory training in TA theory and application delivered on 8 weekends, one per month, normally spread over an academic year, and four additional training days (Introduction to Counselling Skills and the Physis “Get Together” Day).
The Foundation Certificate in TA continues the style of the TA101 workshop, providing interactive and dynamic training to enable you to apply the core concepts of TA theory to yourself and your environment.
You may discover more options for relating with others, more ways of resolving conflict, and more possibilities for change in your own life experience. The focus is on applying the core theory to your own process and to your interactions with the trainer and the training group, enabling you to develop your understanding of yourself and others.
The Foundation Certificate can exist as a standalone training experience, simply for personal development, or to enhance existing knowledge and training as a counsellor, or to facilitate your work in an organisation that requires interaction with others.
Components of the Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- 8 weekends of Foundation Year Training (16 days)
- Introduction to Counselling Skills (3 days)
- Physis “Get Together” Day (1 day)
Note: TA101 is a prerequisite of enrolling in the Foundation Year
- Philosophy of TA, Life Positions, Ego-States (Structural model), Counselling Skills
- Ego-States (Behavioural model), Transactions, Strokes, Time Structuring
- Life Script and Script Analysis
- Passivity, Discounting, Symbiosis and Frame of Reference
- Racket Analysis and Authentic Emotions
- Game Analysis
- Endings in Counselling, Ethics, Presentations and Peer Assessment
- One 3000 word essay
- One 2000 word presentation supporting paper
- A 10-15 minute presentation (including supporting documentation)
- Reflective learning journal
- Observed skills practice
- Ongoing participation in group discussion and process
A minimum of 40 hours of personal therapy per year is a requirement for those wanting to progress into advanced clinical training. Whilst personal therapy is not a requirement in Foundation Year, we strongly recommend it in order to get the most from the programme.
2020/2021 Course Dates
- 25th/26th/27th September 2020 (Introduction to Counselling Skills)
- 24th/25th October 2020
- 21st/22nd November 2020
- 19th/20th December 2020
- 30th/31st January 2021
- 27th/28th February 2021
- 27th March 2021 (Physis Get Together Day)
- 24th/25th April 2021
- 29th/30th May 2021
- 26th/27th June 2021
Fiona Cook, PTSTA and Fiona Firman, PTSTA
On successful completion of Foundation Year participants will be awarded a Physis Scotland Foundation Certificate and will be eligible to progress into Advanced Year 1.
Beyond the Foundation Year / Certificate in Transactional Analysis
If you find that you are really “bitten by the TA bug” at the end of the year you can opt to continue your TA journey through any of the options offered by Physis Scotland – Diploma in Counselling using TA or qualification as a Certified Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist (CTA).